Clients with Joyful Beginnings Birth Care experience comprehensive, individualized care with one of our Licensed Midwives. Our focus is on helping you maintain a healthy, low risk pregnancy and ongoing screening, prevention, and referral when risk factors may present. We believe that respectful, informed consent and evidence based care are foundational to a healthy, safe pregnancy and birth. This means that you are in-the-know about every test or procedure offered, and your decisions are respected as we partner with you during your time with us.
Care with Joyful Beginnings Birth Care includes the following:
- 90 minute Initial Visit including a medical history, physical assessment, and review of current health, diet and lifestyle.
- 60 minute Prenatal Visits throughout your pregnancy following a standard pregnancy schedule:
- Monthly visits until 28 weeks
- Biweekly visits until 36 weeks
- Weekly visits until delivery
- Lab tests in-office (no need to go elsewhere!)
- Referrals for sonograms as needed
- Assessment of vitals, fetal growth, fetal heart rate, and current pregnancy symptoms at every visit
- 24/7 direct access to your midwife for urgent needs
- Client Portal messaging system with your midwife for non-urgent needs between appointments
- Access to lending library, Childbirth Education resources, and more!
Labor & Birth
- Continuity of Care, which means the team you have seen throughout your pregnancy is the team who is on call for your birth! You have access to your midwife via her personal cellphone and are able to contact her directly when you are in labor.
- We offer both home birth, or delivery at our new Birth Center location conveniently situated across the street from Christus Santa Rosa Hospital in New Braunfels
- Experience in water birth, VBAC and twins!
- Two Licensed Midwives, all trained in Neonatal Resuscitation and CPR for healthcare providers, will be present at every delivery with Emergency Supplies & Resuscitation Equipment discreetly but conveniently on hand.
- Fetal and Maternal monitoring throughout labor
- A Complete Newborn Assessment right at your bedside within 2 hours of delivery
- Family participation throughout labor as desired!
- Postpartum and well baby care throughout the first 6 weeks
- 2 In-Home Visits by your midwife during the first week of life
- In-Office Visits with your midwife at 2, 4, and 6 weeks postpartum
- 24/7 direct access to your midwife for any needs during the postpartum period
- Newborn Screening and any Lab Tests that may be needed
- Breastfeeding Support & Educational Resources