Our clients take an active role in their healthcare, which includes doing the research necessary to take responsibility for every healthcare decision made. Sometimes, you may choose to go with standard of care procedures and other times you may make an alternative choice. When it comes to making decisions for your family, education is everything.
We want you to have access to accurate, up-to-date information on all aspects of care so that you can make informed choices when the time comes. So to help you on your endeavors, we have compiled this list of resources on various topics you’ll encounter throughout your pregnancy. This list is by no means meant to be exhaustive, but rather just a starting point. We encourage each client to read the following links, and then continue their studies into other sources they may find…on both sides of each issue.
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- What to Eat When Pregnant: Your Perfect Pregnancy Diet
- Pregnancy Nutrition: Before, During, and After the Baby
- Folate vs. Folic Acid
- What are the Best Prenatal Vitamins for You?
- Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy: What’s Safe and What’s Not?
- 5 Safe Herbs for a More Comfortable Pregnancy and Better Birth
- What’s a Pregnant Mom to do? Flu Vaccine in Pregnancy
- Database for Medications During Pregnancy
Prenatal/Postpartum Mood Disorders/Support
- The Symptoms of Postpartum Depression and Anxiety (in Plain Mama English)
- 6 Surprising Symptoms of Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
- FAQ about Postpartum Depression and Related Illnesses
- The Emily Effect: Providing resources to families and support for women suffering from perinatal mood disorders.
- Depression in Pregnancy: 10 Things You Can Try Instead of Medication
- Seven Sisters Postpartum Support Program
- Why You Need to Pee in the Shower
- Prenatal Yoga (Video Series) – with SarahBethYoga
- Prenatal Yoga Episodes – with Tonic
- How to Check for Diastasis Recti
- Why Do I Still Have My Post-Baby Tummy? – Diastasis Recti
- Improve Your Post Pregnancy Abs, Core, and Pelvic Floor in Less Than 30 Days
- Don’t Risk Yourself Out Of A Homebirth
- Glucose Testing in Pregnancy: Should it Be Routine?
- Gestational Diabetes: Please Don’t Drink the “Glucola” Without Reading the Label
- Does Gestational Diabetes always mean a Big Baby and Induction?
- Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes: The NIH Consensus Conference
Group Beta Strep (GBS)
- GBS in Pregnancy: What’s a Mom to do?
- Group B Strep in Pregnancy: Evidence for Antibiotics and Alternatives
- Protecting Your Baby’s Microbiome from the Start
- CDC Information: Group B Strep (GBS)
Recipes for Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond
- Labor Aid: The Only Electrolyte Drink You’ll Ever Have Again
- Electrolyte Drink Recipe (Simple)
- Boost Your Iron!
Remedies & More!
- Essential Oil Remedy for Yeast
- Garlic Remedy for Yeast
- Immune Support/Topical Yeast Remedy (*Please consult your midwife for instructions)
For Your Baby
- Baby Care 101 (Video Collection)
- Basic Care of the Intact Penis
- Car Seat Safety: Buckle Up For Life
- Car Seat Safety: Info for Parents
- Dr. Jack Newman’s Visual Guide to Breastfeeding (Video)
- Drugs and Lactation Database
- Breastfeeding Your Newborn: What to Expect in the Early Weeks
- Breastmilk Storage & Handling
- How to Bottle Feed the Breastfed Baby
- Tools for Feeding: Bottles & More
- Gomco Technique
- Mogen Clamp Technique
- Plastibell Technique
- Circumplast vs. Plastibell Circumcision
- Circumcision with Rabbi Michael Rovinsky
- Complications of Circumcision
- America’s Infuriating Double Standard On Cutting Children’s Genitals
- Resources for Parents- Texas Dept. of Health
- Baby’s First Test: Breakdown of Conditions/Diagnosis & Followup/Advocacy & Support
- Why do Newborns Receive a Vitamin K Shot?
- Evidence on: The Vitamin K Shot in Newborns
- What’s the Best Oral Vitamin K Regimen for Newborns?